What do we love most about being in NYC? The energy, the endless inspiration, the realm of possibility.. and of course.. the FOOD! The amazing restaurants and local businesses here are what make this city so special. Our Fall lookbook, City Love, was shot in three of our favorite neighborhoods in NYC - Soho, Nolita, and The East Village (home of the eff.Y.bee studio!).
Here is a guide to some of our favorite places to eat, drink, shop, dance and be inspired!
Maman Cafe, Image via hyhoi.com
- Maman - beautiful interior and backyard gardens, the perfect place to meet a friend for coffee and catch up!
- Mud - get the mud mocha!
- Bluestone Lane - most delicious, creamy iced latte
- Cha Cha Matcha - one of the most instagrammed places.. for a reason! get their matcha ice cream too. be prepared for model sightings.
- City of Saints - get their lavendar agave latte
- Cafe Minerva - great for sitting at the bar and catching up on emails
- Doma Na Rohu - cute and cozy, one our favorite places for business meetings
- Cafe Gitane - get their avocado toast!
The Butchers Daughter, Image via petite passport.com
- The Butcher's Daughter - get prepared for the longest wait on a weekend.. but so worth it!
- Jack's Wife Freda - a brunch classic
- Cornerstone Cafe - cash only and so affordable.. get the pancakes and poached egg skillet to share
- Sweet Chick - fried chicken and waffles in the Lower East Side
Image via While We Were Young
DRINKS WITH GIRLFRIENDS:
- While we were young - one of the most gorgeous and instagram worthy bars in all of manhattan. their cocktails are an art form! get here early to get a seat
- 10 Degrees - 2 for 1 happy hour drink deal, great music, and the best sriacha brussel sprouts ever
- Taberna - A dreamy backyard garden in St. Marks, who knew? Amazing Portuguese food and frose!
- The Wayland - They make a mean whisky cocktail and they have live music on weeknights
Pizza Beach, Image via we-heart.com
- Kiki's - favorite Greek.. and top 3 favorite restaurants in all of NYC!
- Pizza Beach - good for groups! get their margarita pitchers and pizzas to share.. turns into a scene on weekends
- BondSt - the BEST sushi! get the crispy tuna appetizer and lychee martini's.. great spot for a girls night out dinner, request to sit in the downstairs lounge
- Pietro Nolita - the famous pink Italian restaurant you've probably see on instagram.. yummy pasta and pink themed interior
- San Marzano - most delicious homemade pasta, huge portions and affordable.. $6 wine and $9 entrees
- Cafe Mogador - get the chicken cous cous or vegetable tagine
Image via Freemans
- Freemans - cozy rustic restaurant tucked away in the Lower East Side
- Rin Tin Tin - eclectic Mediterranean
- Aria Wine Bar - cozy ambience, tapas style dinner, wine.. perfect date night spot too!
- Rosie's - get their watermelon margs.. come while its still nice out and enjoy the open air seating
- Yuca Bar - favorite chips and guac and sangria.. get their arepas!
- Cafe Habana - get their grilled mexican corn, the best!
- Red Farm - pacman dumplings!
- Rosemary's - they serve fresh veggies from their rooftop garden. get the roasted chicken and burrata
- Empellon Taqueria - amazing mexican
- Supper - yummy Italian, eat in the secret chandelier room behind their wine cellar in the back
- Siggy's - awesome smoothies and salads
- By Chloe - get the veggie burger and sweet potato fries
- The Little Beet - a vegetarian's heaven!
Image via @rosemarysnyc
- City Winery - intimate acoustic concerts and dinner.. saw Howie Day sing "Collide" here, and it was everything <3
- Bobo - come here for pre or post dinner cocktails in the West Village
- Grand Banks - Cocktails on a boat in Tribeca.. on the pricy side but recommend coming here for a drink just to experience it!
Mondrian rooftop, Image via Urban Daddy
- Mr. Purple - fun for after work drinks and karaoke on sundays!
- Le Bain at the Standard
- The Crown
- The Jane Hotel
- The Mondrian Hotel
Image via Open Table
- Niagra - 70s & 80s throwbacks only.. yes please!
- Acme downstairs
- The Blind Barber - speakeasy style bar
- Pianos - live music and multiple floors
- Dream Baby - new fun spot in the East Village
Sundaes & Cones, Image via Time Out
- The Little Cupcake Bakeshop - perfect for a girl date.. get the dreaming princess cupcake
- Milk Bar Bakery - get the compost cookie and b'day cake truffles!
- Sundaes & Cones - unique homemade ice cream - our favorites are pistachio, taro, and lychee!
- City Bakery - the BEST chocolate chip cookie.. hands down.
- Joe's Pizza - best white slice
- Prince St. Pizza - be prepared to wait.. but the wait is worth it, trust us! Get the square slice
- Rubirosa - get the vodka pizza.. a whole pie of it.. you'll understand why
- Olive & Bette's - one our favorite places to host pop-ups! the girls who work here are the most fun and will style you head to toe
- Artists & Fleas - spend a saturday visiting Smorgasborg food festival in Williamsburg and then stroll over to the Artists & Fleas market across the street, find vintage and cool handmade items.
- Fish's Eddy - quirky finds for home
- Glossier - visit their showroom and try all of their ah-mazing products in person
Clare V. Elizabeth St Store, Image via Time Out
- Clare V. - brand crush. we are in love with this line of CA made luxury leather bags, and their Nolita shop is inspiring.
- Pink Olive - favorite place to grab cards and pretty little gifts
- Cloak & Dagger
- Thomas Sires
- McNally Jackson Books
Image via The Observer
- New York Pilates - their abs, arms, and ass class gives us life
- Yoga Vida
- Cyc45 - Astor Place - take a class with @claudunia, she's AMAZING
- The Whitney Museum
- Brooklyn Botanical Gardens
- MAD Museum
- Washington Square Park